Humanitarian Highlight 7/9/2020: A New Upreach
It's Thursday, so that means #HumanitarianHighlight day!! We at Oak Tree hope everyone is doing well and that you are all staying safe! With everything going on in the world, it is so refreshing to see credit unions take the time to help out their communities in various ways. If you know of a credit union who has gone above and beyond in helping out their members in the community, use the hashtag #HumanitarianHighlight or direct message us, so we can give them a shout out!
Congratulations to all of the 2020 graduates!! Cy-Fair FCU distributed a grand amount of $11,500 to seven of the 2020 scholarship recipients!
This remarkable credit union donated $5,000 to the La Mesa Business Recovery Fund! Want to donate as well? Click the link HERE!
How exciting is this?! United FCU partnered with the Boys & Girls Club of Benton County as an effort to help maintain their vehicles, which includes the cost of gas, maintenance, and wraps!
Wow, wow, wow! GCS CU has truly demonstrated the definition of #CUmovement by choosing 10 agencies to give back to during these difficult times! The organizations that this remarkable credit union helped out are:
1. Collinsville Food Pantry
2. Community Care Center in Granite City, IL
3. Southwestern Pack -a- Sack Program in Staunton, IL
4. Twigs in Granite City, IL
5. Glen-Ed Pantry in Edwardsville, IL
6. Collinsville Area Meals On Wheels
7. Soup-n-Share Outreach Program in Madison, IL
8. Puentes de Esperanza: Bridges of Hope
9. The O'Fallon Community Food Pantry
10. Crisis Food Center in Alton, IL
Canvas Credit Union recently announced that its foundation donated $10,000 to ResponderStrong. This organization helps provide support for the emergency responders who struggle with mental health.
“Every day, emergency responders face stressful and disturbing situations involving traumatic injury and death. Frequent exposure to these critical incidents and other occupational stressors can place us at heightened risk for:
- Anxiety and depression
- Substance misuse and addiction
- Strained social relationships and divorce
- Decreased performance
- Stress injury and post-traumatic symptoms (sleep problems, flashbacks, heightened reactivity)
- Suicide – our suicide rate is almost double that of the national adult average, and far more emergency responders die by suicide than other line-of-duty deaths.” ResponderStrong
Click HERE to read more!
Knowing that their members and community needed some assistance during the pandemic, Erie FCU teamed up with Members Business Financial Services to donate $2,000 to the Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA.
“Every $1 donated equals 5 meals and will successfully provide 10,000 meals throughout the northwest region of Pennsylvania.” Erie FCU
Now, this is incredible: Tyndall FCU donated $10,000 to Feeding the Gulf Coast, an organization that distributes food throughout the area to people in the community who have been affected by COVID-19. With the donated money the credit union has sent, the donation will provide an astounding 50,000 meals to 10 food banks in various counties.