The Governmental Affairs Conference is an annual credit union event held in Washington D.C. This week long event was kicked off on February 20 and went on until February 25. The conference is designed to bring together thousands of credit union leaders from across the United States to discuss important industry topics, such as upcoming regulations. In addition, credit union employees have the opportunity to hear from political leaders and media influencers. The conference also allows credit unions to demonstrate to Congress how they are making an impact on the communities they serve by bringing financial wellness to their members.
The main topics discussed at the 2016 GAC were:
- NCUA’S Field of Membership Modernization - It is now time for credit unions to start planning for the impact of the final Membership Moderation rule. (Read more about this update here.)
- Compliance and Regulation Guideline - regulations in the credit union world are constantly changing, the conference asked the question, “are you actively supporting your credit unions compliance efforts?” Stay up-to-date on forms regulations with compliance support from Oak Tree Business Systems, Inc.
- 2016 Election (Read more about what the 2016 election means to credit unions here.)
- Economic Outlook - The conference took a look into the job outlook, inflation, and interest rates and what it would mean to credit unions.
- What You Need to Know about Payments in 2016 - credit union experts learned about the latest developments in payment technology and what issues are relevant to credit unions.
- Small Dollar Lending and Overdraft Protection - small dollars lending products were discussed as they are today and how regulations may change them in the credit union industry.
Just as the GAC conference advocates credit union efforts, Oak Tree understands the importance of the credit union industry and continues to put every effort in better serving credit unions. With over 30 years of experience, Oak Tree remains to be the fastest, easiest, most experienced and compliant forms provider in the United States. With the ability to customize forms to your credit unions specific insurance carrier and/or data processing system, credit unions can sign up members quickly and offer products that follow internal policy while efficiently meeting their member’s needs.